Band mates: Tim Armstrong (Rancid) and his nephew Rey as well as Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day) and his son Joey (SWMRS), make up the new super-group appropriately called Armstrongs. Their new song is entitled “IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME” which can be heard below. The song has been released via Hellcat Records, and flexi-disc singles (limited to 1,000 copies) are available now via Pirates Press order HERE. Armstrongs will donate all of their earnings to 924 Gilman in Berkeley, California.
The description of 924 Gilman in their own words from their site:
1. A DIY, nonprofit venue for music, art, and community events
2. A cultural landmark since 1986 that continues to inspire similar spaces globally
3. An all-ages, volunteer-run, drug and alcohol-free safe space
4. A multi-generational, independent collective
5. A place for young people to work cooperatively